PEPSI COLA ON MANAGED NETWORK SERVICES
Pepsi-Cola Products Philippines, Inc. needed an IT services provider who could assume the day-to-day burden of looking after its nationwide network of 13 bottling plants, including the PABX Systems of two (2) of its biggest sites. During our 5-year relationship, TIM has provided a wide range of services ranging from network management to PABX maintenance to onsite manpower provisioning.
The Business Issue
As a leading beverage company with a daunting task of increasing the market share in the Philippine archipelago, Pepsi wanted to maximize its IT investment by streamlining operations and outsourcing. The company needed a partnership flexible enough to respond to the changing market conditions.
- Provide a range of IT services from network management to PABX administration and maintenance
- Manage and maintain the company's nationwide communications network running in an IP/VPN network cloud at Globe Telecom, TIM's partner-provider for this project
- Remotely host and manage mission critical applications and systems, including the Corporate Email
How It Worked
- Helped Pepsi meet the challenges of a changing industry by cutting down costs in IT capital expenditures
- Rationalized the network operations, migrated all 13 nationwide plants into online mode to allow centralization of mission-critical applications running in Oracle
- IP/VPN Network topology
- Alcatel 4400 Enterprise PABX
- Oracle database applications
- Web and workflow applications